In 2016 we welcomed the Tour de France for four different stages!
Road cycling is extremely popular in Megeve with two stages of the Tour de France passing through Megeve last year! Whether you’re part of a regional road cycling club, a university club or just have lots of friends who are as cycle-mad as you are, we can provide a great base for your group to come and enjoy the area and ride the same routes as the pros.
Here are a few tasters of what you might find hidden in our hills…
- A round trip starting and ending in Megève, taking in views of Mont Blanc from the town of Saint Gervais before traversing the valley floor to access the 2016 Tour de France time-trial route from Sallanches back up to Megève. See the route here.
- The famous Col des Aravis and Col des Colombieres, starting within 10km of our hotels. Both Cols have featured in the Tour regularly. See route here.
- The infamous Col des Saisies featured no less than 11 times on the Tour de France is very rideable from Megeve. See route here.
- The 2015 Critérium du Dauphiné Stage from Ugine to Albertville, 132km of winding climbs and sweeping descents ridden by all the pro teams in June this year; See the route here. Or cycle from Megeve to Albertville and back with fast as you dare descent down the famous Col des Aravis See route here.
- A glorious cycle ride over the Col des Aravis to the historic town of Annecy. A quick plunge in the lake and home for tea! See the route here.
- The full 20th and penultimate Stage of the 2016 Tour, a gruelling 146km from Megève to Morzine, encompassing 4 categorised cols along the way. See the route here!
All very well but you want to race yourself? Why not try the Megeve Cylcosportive?
This year (2017) it falls on Sunday 4th June. The event is not as busy as some of the larger events such as the Etape du Tour or the Marmotte and usually has around 2500 participants. Line up with fellow cycling enthusiasts of other nationalities. There may be professionals on the front grid aiming for a performance that may secure a future contract, for the rest it is the challenge of riding the some of the most iconic climbs of the Mont Blanc Massif. You can tick off some famous Tour de France Cols such as the Col des Pres 1750m and Col des Saisies 1655m.
There are 3 route options for the The Time Megeve and there are 3 distances. You can decide on the day which one you would like to take, even after you have started! Click here for the event route.
Bike hire and maintenance
Sells outdoor footwear, clothing and accessories. ATV and electric bike hire.
For more information contact:
188 Route Edmond de Rothschild
Telephone: +33 (0) 450 91 03 90
The experienced team offer a range of services including mountain bike and equipment hire.
For more information contact:
821 Route du Jaillet
Telephone: +33 (0) 683 27 89 73
Looking for accommodation? Let us help...
Why not consider our B&B Hotel Rond Point? Ideally located close to all that Megeve town centre has to offer, including bars, cafe's and fantastic restaurants, the Rond Point is pefect for getting on your bike and exploring this stunning Alpine resort.
Take a look at our Chalet Hotel Sylvana that we run as a B&B during the Summer months.
Welcoming, cosy and friendly, this chalet is a great choice for families - close to town, but also 2 minutes from the Rochebrune cable car that takes you up into the mountains.